Course – 90 days
Approximately 1 hour
Sample Steel Through Hardening Screenshot
If your products use through hardened steel components, understanding the effects of alloy composition and heat treating process conditions on the microstructure and properties of the steel is critical for:
• Selecting the most appropriate alloy and heat treating process for your application.
• Evaluating suppliers
• Developing manufacturing processes
• Solving quality problems
This course teaches:
1. Quenching and tempering, martempering, and austempering through hardening process conditions.
2. Effects of steel composition and heat treating temperature and cooling rate on through hardened steel microstructure and strength.
3. Through hardening problems and how to avoid them.
Approximately 1 hours of instruction divided into 2 easily manageable modules.
EASY TO ACCESS
Participants can access the course 24/7 from any computer with an internet connection.
EASY TO USE
Pause, advance, and rewind navigation features give users complete control over their learning experience.
EASY TO UNDERSTAND
Audio narration, animated graphics and video footage make even the most complex topics engaging and easy-to-understand.
Interactive elements, practice problems, and quizzes facilitate the mastery of concepts and measure content retention.
Course content was authored by Michael Pfeifer, Ph.D., P.E and was produced by Welding Metallurgist LLC.
Please provide support or contact information.
Module 1 – Through Hardening I
Module 2 – Through Hardening II
Was this course authored by AWS?
Who should take this course?
Are there any prerequisites to take this course?
How long do I have to complete this course?
Does this course include a completion exam?
Do I need to purchase any other materials?
Do I receive Professional Development Hours (PDHs) for completing this course?
Can I use these Professional Development Hours (PDHs) for recertification?
What are the requirements to pass this course?
• Complete all course modules.
• Achieve at least 70% correct on the course exam.
• Complete the course within 3 months of the course registration date.