This six-day, instructor-led seminar reviews the complete body of knowledge required of a CWI and prepares candidates for the CWI Exam, which is administered at the conclusion of the seminar week.
Read more about each package below:
The AWS CWI Seminar puts you on the track to professional success, exclusively offering:
- A comprehensive six-day seminar, which runs from 8am to 5pm, Sunday through Friday. Lunch is provided each day.
- Industry expert instructors with the knowledge to prepare you for the CWI exam
- Guided instruction material, including readings and full-color diagrams and photographs, practice questions to test for understanding, and the highest-quality plastic weld samples to aid in developing practical inspection skills.
- Seminar books, including textbooks, AWS standards, and manuals, all included in the seminar price (This includes a complimentary copy of AWS D1.1:2015 for enrollees who select the D1.1 focus).
- An AWS Welding Inspector’s toolkit to keep for your own for use on inspection jobs.
- Access to the AWS D1.1 or API 1104 complete Online Code Clinic and Code Clinic Pre-Course.*
- Online pre-work to help you get a head start on seminar readings.*
*Online resources are typically available to new seminar registrants within 2-3 business days of their enrollment.
This package includes all of the benefits listed under the live, instructor-led CWI Seminar in addition to the full CWI exam.
The CWI exam is broken up into three parts:
• PART A — Fundamentals: closed-book test; 150 questions
• PART B — Practical: hands-on test; 46 questions; use the Book of Specifications
• PART C — Code Book Applications: open-book test; 46-60 questions; use your choice of one of 8 welding codes
- Purchase of this package grants you access to all three parts of the CWI exam.
- CWI exams are typically held on the Saturday or Sunday following the selected seminar week and take place at the same location.
- Sign-in for applicants begins at 7:30am, and testing begins promptly at 8:00am.
- Examinees are required to present a valid driver license or passport and a copy their confirmation letter in order to gain entrance into the examination room.
- All exam questions are multiple choice and each part of the exam is two hours in length.
- It’s important to note that each part of the exam may be administered in any order.
This package includes all the components of both the weeklong CWI Seminar and the full CWI exam, and also includes the AWS Online CWI Pre-Seminar, 80 hours of comprehensive online training in preparation for the week-long CWI seminar.
A CWI is expected to have a wide range of knowledge and skills. The AWS Online CWI Pre-Seminar helps you prepare for the live instructor-led, week-long CWI seminar at your own pace. Comprised of seven engaging online courses, the CWI Online Pre-Seminar is designed to prepare you for the extensive body of knowledge reviewed during the live seminar. Each self-paced course is divided into short, interactive modules supported by quizzes, tests, and learning activities gauge your understanding and retention of both the skills and knowledge needed to become a CWI.
- This package is highly recommended for individuals who are not already working as welding inspectors. It includes access to lessons you can review as frequently as you need like for a period of three months, so that you can prepare for the CWI exam at your own pace.
- Individuals who purchase the all-inclusive package will also receive copies of all seminar books shipped directly to an address of their choice at no additional charge. Purchase of this package is the only way to have early access to printed copies of the books used in the CWI Seminar.