Earning your Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) credential is serious work and has a significant impact on your future. Some customers feel that not enough time is spent on preparing for the Part B portion of the CWI exam.
The CWI Part B Seminar consists of three full days of expert instruction that helps prepare candidates for the practical portion of the CWI exam. This includes a review of the Book of Specifications, analysis and application of WPSs and PQRs, extensive hands-on learning with inspection tools and high-quality plastic weld replicas, and a full-length, timed practice examination. Access to additional online resources and practice questions are also included.
For your convenience, your books, printed materials, and toolkit will be shipped to you upon registration, so you can prepare for the seminar in advance and make the most out of your AWS training.Read more about the Part B Training packages below:
Through a combination of industrial and educational expertise, Education and Training through AWS provides the most realistic, engaging, and effective test-prep solutions for career success.
Part B Training
Length: 3 days
The AWS CWI Part B Training & Exam puts you on the track to success, offering:
- Industry expert instructors with the knowledge to prepare you to take Part B of the exam.
- Guided instruction material, including homework, that helps take the mystery out visual inspection.
- Realistic replica training sets to prepare you for the hands-on portion of the exam.
- An AWS Welding Inspector’s Toolkit to keep as your own ($195 value).
Part B Training & Exam Package
Length: 4 days
This package includes all of the benefits listed under the live, instructor-led CWI seminar in addition to Part B of the CWI exam:
- Purchase of this package grants you access to Part B of the CWI exam.
- The CWI Part B exam is typically held on the Saturday or Sunday following the selected seminar week and takes place at the same location.
- Sign-in for applicants begins at 7:30am, and testing begins promptly at 8:00am.
- Examinees are required to present a valid driver license or passport and a copy their confirmation letter in order to gain entrance into the examination room.
- All exam questions are multiple choice and Part B of the exam is two hours in length.