Dallas / Fort Worth, Texas
* Held before the 2022 Inspection Expo & Conference as additional workshop
With the health and safety of our members at the forefront of our concern, the IEC committee decided to postpone Updates to the Codes scheduled for February in Fort Worth, Texas. Please stay tuned for updates as to the rescheduling of this event.
AWS is proud to host this 1-day event, where industry professionals and code developers will prepare you to adjust to critical changes in commonly used codes and standards. This program is full of valuable insights and firsthand knowledge from some of the most respected professionals and code committee members in the industry. Topics to be covered: AWS D1.1 2020, NBIC (New Rules & Methods), ASME IX, API 1104 22nd Edition, and Welding procedures development software.
This conference will provide information regarding the planning and execution of various welding processes, as well as useful data for engineers, designers, inspectors, and QA/QC specialists.
Scott Witkowski is currently the Vice President of Republic Testing Laboratories. He has 30 years of experience in welding industry. He was the President & Founder of Maverick Testing Laboratories, the largest Independent Welder & Materials Testing Laboratory in the United States. Scott is a member of the following associations American Welding Society (AWS), ASME and API.
Involved in welding engineering applications and consulting for over 40 years, both domestic and internationally. Graduated from The Ohio State University in Welding Engineering and holds an International Welding Engineer diploma. A Professional Engineer in Ohio, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas plus Alberta, Canada. Life Member & Counselor – American Welding Society, Chair of AWS D10; Member on ISO/TC 44, Member on ASME Section IX – Welding and Brazing Qualifications, Former Chair of ASME SCII/IX Subgroup on Strength of Weldments, and member ASME SCII Working Group on Creep Strength-Enhanced Ferritic Steels. President of W. F. Newell & Associates, Inc., a firm that specializes in welding codes, application and processes; plus Co-Founder/Vice President – Engineering of Euroweld, Ltd. providing a variety of specialty welding consumables, training and consulting.
Walter J. Sperko, P.E. is President of Sperko Engineering Services, Inc, a consulting firm specializing in metal fabrication technology, including material selection, welding, heat treating, inspection, quality assurance, and failure analysis. He has particular experience in piping and pressure vessel fabrication, installation, maintenance, and repair. Previously, he was Quality Control Manager for RECO North Carolina, and he provided technical support in welding, metallurgy, and fabrication for the parent company, Richmond Engineering Company. He was also employed by ITT Grinnell Industrial Piping, Inc., responsible for technical interface between piping system designers and the fabrication shop, including all aspects of welding, fabrication, and Code interpretation. He also worked for EBASCO Services, Inc in the Materials Engineering and Quality Compliance Department.
Mr. Sperko is a past-Chairman of the ASME Welding, Brazing, and Fusing Standards Committee IX and a member of several subgroups. He is a member of ASME Subcommittee III, Nuclear Components, and its Subgroup on Materials, Fabrication, and Examination, Past-chairman of ASME B31.9, Building Services Piping, member of B31 Standards Committee, member of AWS Committee D10 on Pipe and Tube, and past-Chairman of AWS International Standards Activities Committee and US representative to ISO TC 44 and incoming TAC chairman.
He received his BA and BS in Metallurgical Engineering from the University of Notre Dame. He is a registered Professional Engineer in several states, and he holds six US patents. He is a Fellow of the ASME and a Counselor of the AWS.
Bechtel Fellow & Welding Technical Specialist
Richard Campbell is a Bechtel Fellow with Bechtel Corporation’s Construction Welding and NDE group. He is an AWS SCWI, a CWB Level 2 Welding Inspector, and an ASNT NDT Level III Visual Testing Inspector. With a BS degree in Welding Engineering from LeTourneau University and a PhD in Materials Engineering from RPI, he has worked for more than 40 years in the welding industry, including construction, structures, pressure vessels, piping systems, and government projects. For 9 years he was chair of the AWS D1K Subcommittee on Stainless Steel Welding, responsible for publication of the AWS D1.6:2017 Structural Welding Code – Stainless Steel. He is also a member of the AWS D1 Committee on Structural Welding, the D1H Subcommittee on Sheet Steel, the AWS A2 Committee on Definitions and Symbols, and the AWS A2C Subcommittee on Symbols. Rich is vice chair of the ASME B31.3 Process Piping Code section committee, and member of numerous other ASME and AWS codes and standards committees, including Section IX’s subgroup on Qualification.
He has taught AWS CWI classes for over 25 years and has presented several seminars on welding codes, stainless steel welding, and welding symbols for AWS. Dr. Campbell is author of over 30 technical articles on welding or metallurgy. As an expert in stainless steel welding, he authored AWS’s The Professional’s Advisor on Welding of Stainless Steels, has penned several Just the Facts articles and a series of articles on welding symbols in the quarterly AWS publication Inspection Trends.
Metallurgical Consultant and PDVSA in Materials
• 41 years of experience in downstream, upstream, midstream, chemicals, gas.
• Area focus: Welding, FFS, Materials, Corrosion, Inspection
• 2005-to date Shell Projects and Technology
• Before Stress Engineering Services as Metallurgical Consultant and PDVSA in Materials, Corrosion and Inspection.
• PhD WE, MSc. WE, MSc. MSE – The Ohio State University
• B.S. Met and Mat Sc. Eng. – Central University Venezuela
• Certifications: AWS CWI, NB, API 653, ASNT UT and PT level 3
• Chair API 582 Welding and Coke Drums API 934-G/J and API 932-C REAC DSS. Vice Chair API Sub-committee on Materials and Corrosion. Vice chair NACE TG 554 on DSMW.
• Welding Focus Area lead in PRCI
• Member in several API/ASME committees: API High Temperature Weld Repairs, API CrMos, ASME Sec. VIII SG Materials, ASME PCC-2 Welded repairs, ASME Sec IX Strength of Weldments, API 579/ASME FFS-1. Participate in MTI and Ma2JIC.
• Published/presented more than 50 papers/presentations in ASME/AWS/API.
Founder and CEO
Founder and CEO of C-SPEC. Chair of ASME Section IX Subgroup on Materials, contributing member of AWS D1.1, AWS B2 and AWS D17 code committees. US delegate of ISO TC44/SC10 & SC11.
• Registration Opens
7:15 – 8:00am
8:00am – 5:00pm
12 noon – 1:00pm
5:00 – 6:30pm
• Morning & Afternoon Breaks
• 1 Lunch
• Access to presentations after event
• Advanced program by August 2021
• 8 PDHs Earned
|Early Bird (before Aug 1, 2021)||$275||$375|
Registrations are non-transferable. After –, registrations will be only accepted on-site.
- Company name and logo on signage placed at the lunch area for duration of the lunch
- Opportunity to provide a giveaway items to attendees during selected break
- 4 full-conference registrations
- Opportunity to distribute your company’s product literature to all attendees
- Recognition as sponsor on “Thank You” signage at event and mentioned in the final program
- Company name and link displayed on conference website
* Sponsor responsible for providing giveaway items. Giveaway items must be approved by AWS. Sponsor may choose to ship giveaway items to AWS HQ by January 1, 2022, or sponsor can bring items to conference for distribution.
- Company logo on drink tickets given to each attendee
- • Acknowledgement during the Happy Hour as the sponsor(s) of the event
- • Company name and logo on signage at the Happy Hour
- • Recognition as sponsor on “Thank You” signage at event and Final Program (confirmation by January 1, 2022)
- • Company name displayed included on all promotional e-mails
- • Company logo on koozies distributed to attendees during Happy Hour
* Sponsorship includes production of koozies. Sponsorship must be sold by January 1, 2022 for fulfillment.
200 Mule Alley
Fort Worth, TX 76164
Inspired by the pioneering spirit of the West, Hotel Drover delivers true Texas hospitality. Named to honor the legendary cowboys who drove cattle to market across the plains, Hotel Drover is an Autograph Collection® hotel, offering a rustic-luxe guest experience in the heart of the historic Fort Worth Stockyards.
Dallas / Fort Worth, Texas
Fill out this form to be notified
of future dates when confirmed