Early Career Member: $100
Approximately 8 hours
8 PDHs / 0.8 CEUs
Start Now >
While the demand for skilled workers is rising every day, the jobs landscape is also getting increasingly competitive. Therefore, professionals may not know what to expect upon leaving school or changing careers. The Career Readiness Online Course introduces the basic steps inherent to the hiring process, specific to the welding industry.
With the help of industry hiring managers, this self-paced course is a powerful resource for anyone looking to begin their career in welding, reenter the workforce, or transition into a new role or field within the industry.
Participants will learn insights into best practices directly from industry hiring managers throughout this course. They’ll also learn how to position themselves to stand out as a top candidate. By the end of the course, they can confidently prepare a resume for an interview and bench test. Participants will also earn PDHs/CEUs upon completion.
- Welding program participants or entry-level individuals seeking to begin a career in the trades (welding industry or similar field)
- Experienced Individuals looking to transition to a new role within the trades (welding or related industry)
- Individuals looking to re-enter the workforce after an extended period of inactivity
These individuals may belong to one or more of the following categories:
- High-school or technical college students
- CTE program participants (e.g., Job Corps)
- SENSE program participants (including those in correctional facilities)
- Current tack welders, welders, and welding operators
- Individuals without recent professional experience (Veterans, ex-offenders, former retirees, etc.)
- Apply academic and critical thinking skills necessary for welding
- Bolster professionalism through the development and refinement of personal qualities and interpersonal skills
- Locate, utilize, and disseminate information in the workplace
- Integrate within the culture and organizational structure of an organization
- Embrace technology in the workplace
- Write an effective resume
- Prepare for a job interview and welding test
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completing the “Career Readiness” course, students will be able to:
MODULE 2 – Applied Academic Skills
MODULE 3 – Critical Thinking Skills
MODULE 4 – Personal Qualities
MODULE 5 – Interpersonal Skills
MODULE 6 – Managing Resources
MODULE 7 – Information Use
MODULE 8 – Big Picture Thinking
MODULE 9 – Technology Use
MODULE 10 – The Job Search
MODULE 11 – Resume Writing
MODULE 12 – Interviewing
MODULE 13 – Getting Started and Getting Ahead
Who should take this course?
- Students participating in a high-school or college welding program
- Individuals seeking to transition to a career in the trades (welding or similar industry)
- Individuals seeking to re-enter the workforce after an extended period of inactivity
- Welding instructors looking to bolster the employability of their students
- Any AWS certification holder seeking to meet their training requirements for re-certification
How long do I have to complete this course?
Does this course include a completion exam?
In order to earn a printable Certificate of Completion from AWS and 8 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)/0.8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs), a student must attain a score of 75% or higher on the completion exam. Participants who do not achieve a pass score will be granted a second opportunity to take the exam.