CRWT Exam Preparation & Training
A Certified Resistance Welding Technician (CRWT) possesses the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to set up, maintain, and operate resistance welding equipment.
As such, the CRWT exam covers an array of resistance welding fundamentals and concepts needed to demonstrate mastery of these core skills.
To ensure that candidates are prepared for the CRWT exam, AWS has created a comprehensive, 2-day seminar to arm attendees with the knowledge needed to take the exam with confidence. For more information on all that the training has to offer, please select an option below.
The following training options are available for all CRWT candidates:
All students will have access to 16 online modules to get a head start on resistance welding fundamentals prior to attending the seminar
- C1.1M/C1.1:2019 ‐ Recommended Practices for Resistance Welding
- RWMA Resistance Welding Manual, Revised 4th Ed., 2013
- RWPH:2011 – Resistance Welding Pocket Handbook
- A2.4:2012 ‐ Standard Symbols for Welding, Brazing, and Nondestructive Examination
- C1.5:2019 ‐ Specification for the Qualification of Resistance Welding Technicians
QC20:2011 ‐ Specification for AWS Certification of Resistance Welding Technicians
The seminar will be taught by a resistance welding expert
The following topics will be covered during the CRWT training:
- Definitions and terminology
- Welding symbols related to RW
- RW equipment including machine/tooling design
- RW processes
- Weld schedules
- Weld quality
- Destructive and non‐destructive testing
- Resistance welding of steels, aluminum, and coated materials
- Conversions and calculations
- Welding procedures
Instructional material includes:
- Real‐world examples
The course schedule leaves ample time for participants to ask the instructor questions and further engage with the material
The following material will be given to participants at the beginning of the seminar:
- Printout of the entire slide deck the instructor will use to teach the seminar along with space for notes
- Supplementary handouts filled with important information relating to resistance welding
Industry wide third‐party certification of resistance welding personnel
Transferable between companies/employers
High‐quality standardized exam validates any training programs against American National Standard ANSI/AWS C1.5 requirements
Applicable to resistance welding in multiple industries: aerospace, automotive, appliances, and other sheet metal applications
Exam covers the following topics:
- Weld Equipment Setup including Machine/Tooling Design
- Welding Processes and Schedules
- Weld Quality and Testing including Destructive and Non‐destructive
- Definitions and Terminology
- Welding Symbols
- Conversion and Calculations
- Welding Procedures
Accessible at computer testing locations within 50 miles of 98% of AWS members in the U.S.
- Most testing locations open 6 days a week, 7am to 7pm (actual days/times varies)
- Online, real‐time scheduling
- Testing locations available in over 95 countries
- Seat fee including in pricing
Preliminary exam result given at conclusion of exam at site
Price includes application processing and qualification, exam registration, delivery of results, and delivery of credentials.
Requires recertification every 5 years through retest
On-Location Custom Package for Groups – Let AWS Bring the Classroom to You
AWS develops tailored instruction to ensure your staff gets the pre-exam certification training they need efficiently and economically.
- AWS sends industry experts and educators directly to your location or a site of your choosing
- Small or large class sizes are accommodated
- Ensure your resistance welding technicians meet AWS qualifications
- Build your resistance welding technicians’ skillsets and prepare them for the CRWT exam all at the same time
- Eliminate travel costs by having it on or near your location
- Gives you control of schedules
For more information on Custom Packages for Groups complete the online inquiry form here >
Or contact an AWS representative directly;
Senior Sales Executive
(305) 443-9353 x 254
AWS has been closely monitoring reports on COVID-19. Your health and safety are our number one priority.
As such, AWS has cancelled our seminars and exams through May 16. If you are currently registered in an affected site, you will receive an email prompting you of the change and guiding you through the next steps for you to reschedule at no cost. The schedule below is current and will be continuously updated in the event of future changes.
We will continue to monitor the developments regarding COVID-19 from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). As we learn more about this crisis and its impact on travel plans, AWS will follow their recommendations to ensure the continued health and safety of our community.
2020 Certified Resistance Welding Technician Exam / Seminar Schedule
|Cleveland||OH||–||TBD||July 14-15, 2020||–||June 30, 2020|
|Nashville||TN||–||TBD||Oct 27-28, 2020||–||Oct 13, 2020|